Communications Account Manager/Senior Account Manager
- 3 days per week
- $75,000-$90,000 package pro rata
- Option to work from home one day per week
- State-of-the art co-working space in central location with lots of perks
We are a highly regarded boutique communications consultancy specialising in delivering high-quality communications to B2B and service-based organisations. We provide a considered and holistic approach that fosters trusted, long-term relationships with our clients.
Since it began in late 2018, Echomakers has been comprised of the Founder and Managing Director, Julia Loughlin, with support from a team of freelancers. Julia is now looking to bring on the first permanent hire to facilitate future growth of the business. It is a huge opportunity for someone looking for the chance to make the role their own with a view to grow in an expanding company.
We have a hybrid office and work-from-home model. We are due to commence in a new co-working space in Collingwood in June.
We value excellence, integrity, curiosity, growth and kindness and are looking to build out the team with people who share the same values.
About the role
The role is diverse and consists of consulting to clients across logistics, utilities, recruitment and other service-based businesses. Their comm needs range from employee communications to website and social media management, thought leadership writing, brand strategy and communications, corporate announcements, and issues management.
The ability to manage priorities, work across all parts of the business and take ownership of your role and projects is essential.
You’ll be an enthusiastic all-rounder who can think strategically while also delivering projects.
Specifically, your responsibilities will be to:
- Work across a range of channels and materials including digital email marketing campaigns (using Mailchimp), website copy and social media (LinkedIn and Instagram).
- Write high-quality, clear, compelling content for different target audiences and campaigns in various formats including blogs, articles, thought leadership and PowerPoint presentations.
- Develop key messages, brand narrative and assist with brand strategy.
- Undertake client research projects including competitor analyses, market positioning, brand expression and so on and prepare report with recommendations and deliver to client.
- Assist MD with issues management including risk identification, scenario mapping and communication material development.
- Interface directly with the clients and manage account day-to-day.
- Assist MD with new business development proposals and co-present in pitch meetings.
- Plan, develop and manage Echomakers’ marketing content including social media and blog.
- Demonstrate strong organisational skills to manage multiple activities and deadlines.
- Brief and manage graphic designers, digital, print and video suppliers.
- Exhibit a willingness to learn and grow.
To be successful in this key role, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or Journalism.
- 3-5+ years’ professional experience.
- Superior writing, editing and oral communication skills.
- Social media (LinkedIn and Instagram) familiarity and skills required
- Experience with LinkedIn and Instagram Ads Manager a bonus.
- Ability to engage confidently with clients and other stakeholders
- Passion for executing deliverables of the highest quality.
- Strong time management skills and an eye for detail.
- A high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office (mainly Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Mailchimp, SurveyMonkey, Canva and CMS platforms desirable.
- Evidence of Covid-19 vaccinations in line with current requirements.
Echomakers is a growing boutique communications consultancy where you can make your role your own. Working closely with the Managing Director, you will have opportunity for professional growth.
In return for your commitment you will receive a generous salary package plus:
- A work culture that values and respects you
- Annual professional development allowance
- Flexible work arrangements with a mix of office and working from home
- Options for additional purchased leave
Echomakers promotes and fosters a culture of inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment everywhere we operate. We treat our people and applicants with fairness, dignity, and respect, no matter their background.
All of our applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, nationality, age, military or veteran, marital or disability status.
Send your CV with cover letter to Founder and Managing Director, Julia Loughlin at firstname.lastname@example.org